Re: [BKARTS] - Related - topic laundering money

I heard what would seem to be a true story about laundered money:
A few years ago, an elderly woman told her nephew the following ----- When she was a young bank teller in Chicago in the 1920's, she had to tell a man that the bank could not accept his money for deposit --- the money was stained and dirty with what appeared to be blood; the man was Al Capone. The woman says that the man took the money across the street to a hand-laundry that he most likely controlled. A short time later, the man returned with the still wet money which was readily accepted for deposit. ----- Apparently, it was was OK to accept wet money, but not soiled money.
Is it true --- Was this elderly woman telling her nephew a true story about her early years?

Bill Minter