Re: [BKARTS] query lifting spines

when i need to do such things, i liked the disposable #10 scalpel.
unlike the NON disposable scalpel handles, the disposables are thinner plastic and have some bounce in them.
so i had much greater control and could slide it under things to pry them apart.

the #10 has a rounded blade without that sharp angular point.
i found it worked nicely to split old leather in twain.
other people may have different opinions about scalpels.

joyce

Kathleen Garness wrote:
I saw someone take one of these very thin pocket drafting rulers, grind down one end until it was sharp, round the corners a bit, and use that as a cutting tool for getting into spines and other tight corners once.

http://www.draftingsteals.com/catalog-rulers---measuring-aides-stainless-steel-pocket-rulers.html

KMG