Subject: Dust covers in storage cases

Dust covers in storage cases

From: Cyril Gorman <cgorman>
Date: Monday, March 13, 1995
Our library will soon be buying some storage cases to store artwork and
architectural plans.  Although I recently saw support on this list for
the dust covers in map case drawers, at least two persons, one from a
conservation association and one from an historical society, have
expressed concerns to me about these covers when storing valuable
materials because of the gases these plasticizers/vinyl may emit. Do
others share this concern?

Cyril Gorman

                                  ***
                  Conservation DistList Instance 8:76