Subject: Metal plates

Metal plates

From: Mariana Vanzolini <mvanzoli>
Date: Thursday, March 23, 1995
I work in a sound and image lab and at present I am involved in the
preservation of images. Cleaning the glass plate negatives is fine, but
I'd like some tips on what to do about the wooden-based metal plates.
Does anyone have references and ideas for conservation and storage of
this plates (which are used for illustrations in books)?

Mariana Vanzolini
Laboratorio de Imagem e Som em Antropologia
Universidade de Sao Paulo

                                  ***
                  Conservation DistList Instance 8:78
                 Distributed: Thursday, March 23, 1995