Subject: Conservation nomenclature

Conservation nomenclature

From: Craig Deller <craig1708>
Date: Monday, April 17, 1995
Clare Hills-Nova <hillsnov [at] is__nyu__edu> writes

>I felt I should jump in immediately on the
>definition of the term Cultural property. Is there a particular reason
>why the adjective "ethnographic" is not used?  ...  Has this term been
>superseded?  Is it non-p.c.?

I can not think of any reason "ethnographic" would be considered
non-"PC". However, I must say that all of the PC discussion
happening in the colleges and universities today is the McCarthyism
of the 90's. Thanks,

    **** Moderator's comments:   Fair notice: while discussions of
    the politics of language *as it pertains to conservation* are
    very welcome, this thread will not be allowed to generic
    political discussion.

Craig Deller

                                  ***
                  Conservation DistList Instance 8:85