Subject: Soot

Soot

From: Fiona Graham <fiona_graham>
Date: Wednesday, July 5, 1995
I am writing an article on techniques for removing soot from all
kinds of museum and archival materials.  If you have cleaned soot or
ash from any kind of object after a fire, furnace puff-back or
volcanic eruption, I would like to hear from you.  What worked, what
didn't work in terms of techniques and products.  You can reach me
by e-mail, fax or telephone.  Thanks in advance for your help!

Fiona Graham
Collections Preservation Advisor
Canadian Conservation Institute
613-991-1693