Subject: Ionic fixatives

Ionic fixatives

From: Marco Vasta <m.vasta1>
Date: Tuesday, March 25, 2003
I am currently a MA Conservation student at Camberwell College of
Arts (London), where as part of my research project I am
investigating the use and application of ionic fixatives (both
cationic and anionic) to fix soluble modern inks on paper. I have
already experimented Sandofix WE 10% and 25% (cationic) and tannic
acid 10% (anionic). I would therefore be interested if anyone could
advise me on other similar products. I would especially appreciate
it if you could share any useful information about the use of
alternative anionic fixatives (percentage, means of application and
supplier).

Marco Vasta

                                  ***
                  Conservation DistList Instance 16:54