Subject: Dataloggers

Dataloggers

From: Jack C. Thompson <tcl>
Date: Monday, June 2, 2003
Jenny Dickens <jenny.dickens [at] doi__vic__gov__au>

>...  And I would be interested
>in comment on the expected longevity of dataloggers.  Perhaps 6
>years is not unreasonable but I would have hoped for at least 10
>years.

I have been using DataBears for a dozen years, or so, and they
still work well; calibration service has always been prompt.

Although the DataBear is no longer in their catalog, I spoke
with the manufacturer today <URL:http://www.langan.biz/> and learned
that an improved model is now available.

And service remains available for my DataBears.

Jack
Thompson Conservation Lab.
7549 N. Fenwick
Portland, Oregon  97217