Subject: Footwear coverings

Footwear coverings

From: Karen E. Brown <kebrown>
Date: Monday, October 22, 2007
Katharine A. Untch <katy [at] argsf__com> writes

>An historic site recently asked me "who really uses those?" when
>referring to footwear coverings ("booties") sometimes used for
>visitors when touring historic buildings. So, I thought we might try
>finding out.  If you know of any sites using these protective foot
>coverings, could you let me know which sites?

The Currier Museum of Art in Manchester, NH requires that all
visitors to their Frank Lloyd Wright Zimmerman House
<URL:http://www.currier.org/2005/browse/?gallery=zimmerman> wear
booties. Maybe you could contact them and find out what they use and
whether there have ever been any difficulties with compliance.

Karen Brown/Preservation Librarian
University at Albany

                                  ***
                  Conservation DistList Instance 21:28