Subject: Transparent sail cloth

Transparent sail cloth

From: Erica James <ejames<-at->
Date: Monday, February 9, 2009
We have been using sail cloth for loose linings on structurally
vulnerable paintings.  Currently, we are working with a collection
that have many inscriptions on the verso and would like an
alternative transparent material.  Is anyone familiar with a
material such as this and have a name on a supplier?

Erica E. James
Assistant Conservator, Paintings
Conservation Dept. - Rosine Bldg.
Museum of Fine Arts, Houston