Conservation DistList Archives [Date] [Subject] [Author] [SEARCH]

Subject: Requirements for foreign employment

Requirements for foreign employment

From: Peter Juga <peter.juga<-at->
Date: Tuesday, January 10, 2012
Laura Dellapiana <laura.dellapiana [at] gmail__com> writes

>I would like to know the requirements for working
>abroad (outside Europe) as well as those needed in order to work in
>conservation/restoration laboratories in France, England, Ireland,
>Netherlands and so on? I am interested in state labs and/or
>university labs.

I moved to different countries myself twice and in my opinion work
permits are not as such a problem as explaining the differences in
education programmes in particular countries when applying for work.

As for the first one the best thing is to check with your
embassy/consulate in a country you're planning to go to work. Or
Italian community's websites in relevant countries also might have
some advice.

The second thing is more tricky. Based on my experience I can tell
that it is somehow important to present a programme of your
education for potential employer if you weren't educated in this

For example I was applying for a job in a country that has education
system based on 2-3 years of training for MA title of similar to
your profile (paper and books) and I had more than 6 years of
academic and practical background just from the programme I was
attending to.

What I am trying to say is just don't forget to mention all
practical experience you had as the name of your school might not
mean as much to human resources officer of an institution you are
applying to as it is to you.

Good luck with job hunting,

Peter Juga
Seven Stories
Gateshead, UK

                  Conservation DistList Instance 25:33
                 Distributed: Sunday, January 15, 2012
                       Message Id: cdl-25-33-001
Received on Tuesday, 10 January, 2012

[Search all CoOL documents]

Timestamp: Sunday, 12-Jun-2016 11:50:37 PDT
Retrieved: Monday, 27-Jan-2020 03:46:29 GMT