Volume 11, Number 2
- John Townsend will begin a new job with the
Conservation/Preservation Programs in the New York State Division of
Library Development on March 19. His address will be: Division of
Library Development, Cultural Education Center, Albany, NY
- Laura Wait completed a four-seek internship with Don Etherington
at HRHRC during the fall of 1986. She concentrated on nonadhesive
- Jan Merrill-Oldham is the subject of a two-page biography by
Sally Grauer in the December New Library Scene.
- Ken Harris has been named as Director of the Preservation Policy
and Services Division at the National Archives. The Preservation
Division includes the Document Conservation Branch and a new Special
Media Preservation Branch (for preservation and reproduction of
still photographs, motion pictures and sound recordings).
- Alan Calmes, NARA Preservation Officer, has been detailed to
head the Life Cycle Systems Coordination Staff.
- Günter Brannahl, a leader in paper conservation in Germany,
died in July 1986 at the age of 45.
- Virginia Buchan is Book Conservator at Teacher's College,
- Patrick Ravines is now at P.O. Box 155, Haifa, Israel
- Roger Powell is still at work as he celebrates his 91st birthday
- Dutch bookbinder Janos Szirmai has won the Prix Germaine de
Coster, an international prize awarded to the best binding from 20
countries, and administered by the Bibliotheque Nationale.
- · Charles Long, who established the Book Conservation
Center at the New York Botanical Garden Library, died in August
- Mildred O'Connell is now Assistant Development Officer at the
Boston Public Library.
- Leslie Kruth has moved to Washington, D.C. because her husband
Hal has accepted a job as Counsel to the Head of the International
Trade Commission. Her forwarding address is USITC, c/o Hal Kruth,
701 E St., NW, Washington, DC 20436.
- Carolyn Clark Morrow has married and is now Carolyn Morrow
- Martha Little has moved to Santa Fe to work privately as a book
conservator. Her studio is at 826 Camino del Monte Rey, #A4, Santa
Fe, NM 87501 (505/988-1174).
- Sam Ellenport will be moving the Harcourt Bindery to a new
location in April: 51 Melcher St., Boston, MA 02210 (same
all CoOL documents]
Timestamp: Sunday, 03-Mar-2013 21:35:24 PST
Retrieved: Sunday, 17-Feb-2019 15:41:09 GMT