Volume 14, Number 4
- Lewis J. Bellardo, head of NARA's Center for Legislative
Archives, is serving as interim director of the Preservation Policy
and Services Division.
- Barbara Sagraves has accepted the position of Head of the
Preservation Office at Northwestern University Library (Evanston, IL
60208; 708/491-7786). She was formerly with the Special Collections
Division of Michigan State University Libraries.
- Susan Barger is taking a leave of absence from Johns Hopkins
University from 1 July until 30 June 1991. The Department of
Materials Science and Engineering there will forward her mail. She
may also be contacted at 3 Moya Lane, Santa Fe, NM 87505
- Nancy Purinton joined the staff of the CCAHA in Philadelphia in
May. She was formerly with the Norton Simon Museum in
- Robert Aitchison, Mark Watters, and Paula Volent have formed a
new partnership, Aitchison, Watters and Volent, Conservators of Art
on Paper, at 740 N. La Brea Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90038
- Leah Wollenberg, a founding member of the California Hand
Bookbinders, was honored by a memorial retrospective of her hand
bookbindings exhibited from April 30 through July 9 at the Book Club
of California. Born in 1906, she began binding in 1932 and studied
under Octavia Holden and Belle McMurtrie Young, and later with Peter
Fahey. She died March 28, 1990 from a stroke.
- Janice Schopfer recently returned to the Paper Conservation Lab
at the Legion of Honor, San Francisco, after a year at the Pacific
Regional Conservation Center.
- Julie A. Page assumed the post of Preservation Librarian at the
University of California-San Diego in the Fall of 1989.
- Vicki Lee is the new conservator for the Schoenberg Conservation
Center, Missouri Botanical Garden Library. She is a graduate of the
two-year course at the North Bennet Street School.
- Don Rash opened a new fine bookbinding studio June 3, at 59 East
Eighth St., Wyoming, Pennsylvania (717/693-6150).
- Sally Roggia will be Acting Assistant Professor in the School of
Library and Information Studies at the University of Hawaii at Manoa
in Honolulu, beginning in the Fall of 1990. Besides teaching the
course in collection development, she will teach in the specialist
degree program in archives and records management aid contribute to
the development of the planned specialist degree program in
- Nicholas G. Yeager has been appointed Director of the Center for
Book Arts. He was previously in the Rare Books and Manuscripts
Division of NYPL; before that he taught bookbinding and calligraphy
in Illinois, Texas and New York.
all CoOL documents]
Timestamp: Sunday, 03-Mar-2013 21:36:50 PST
Retrieved: Monday, 20-Nov-2017 17:26:40 GMT