Volume 16, Number 7-8
- Jerry McWilliams, author of The Preservation and Restoration
of Sound Recordings (AASLH, 1979), died about two years
- Lee Ash, antiquarian bookman and consultant, died January 9, 1993.
He worked as an independent consultant for the evaluation and
development of collections at major libraries.
- Elaine Cavin, who has headed the Preservation Division at
University Microfilms International for the last three years, has a
new job in marketing at UMI and her place will be taken by Sally
- Poul A. Christiansen, founder and first editor of the
international journal Restaurator, is the editor of the
Transactions of the 1987 congress of the International
Association of Bibliophiles, held in Copenhagen. He is also the
author of one of the papers, "Typographia naturalis, Outline history
of an illustration technique used in natural history--and a dispute
about priority," and of the "Post scriptum." The volume was
published at the Danish National Library of Science and Medicine,
where the editor works.
- Mick LeTourneaux will start work as the Assistant General
Collections Conservator at Princeton University Libraries March 1.
- Eric C. Shoaf has been named Head of the Preservation Department
at Brown University Library in Providence, RI. He formerly held the
position of Preservation Officer at Duke University Library in
- Anne R. Kenney, Brenda Banks and Anne Diffendal were appointed
to President Clinton's arts and humanities transition team. Serving
without pay, taking leave of their normal jobs, they visited and
evaluated the National Archives in December and produced a report
for the Clinton administration. Similar audits were conducted by the
transition team for all federal agencies; NARA was not being singled
- Ted Stanley, recently Senior Paper Conservator at the Library of
Congress, joined the professional staff of Princeton University
Libraries on October 14 as Special Collections Paper Conservator.
- Susan Duhl, formerly paper conservator at the Conservation
Center for Art and Historic Artifacts, Philadelphia, is now in
private practice at 206 Waterford Rd., Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
- Nora Kennedy and Peter Mustardo, photographic conservators, have
moved to New Jersey and can be reached at The Better Image, PO Box
164, Pittstown, NJ 08867 (908/730-9105).
- Karen Zukor and Anita Noennig joined their paper labs in
November to form Zukor and Noennig Conservation. Their new address
is 3016 Filbert St., Oakland, CA 94608. Each of them retains her old
telephone number in the new location, so they can be reached at
either 510/658-4566 or 510/652-7195.
all CoOL documents]
Timestamp: Sunday, 03-Mar-2013 21:37:42 PST
Retrieved: Thursday, 16-Aug-2018 06:17:35 GMT