Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books
A Dictionary of Descriptive Terminology

 Previous item  Up One Level Next item

bench sewing

An obsolete term applied to sewing a book through the folds, the significance being that the sewing was done on a SEWING FRAME , or bench.

[Search all CoOL documents]

Timestamp: Saturday, 19-Nov-2011 13:18:39 PST
Retrieved: Friday, 17-Aug-2018 13:44:59 GMT