Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books
A Dictionary of Descriptive Terminology

 Previous item  Up One Level Next item

binder's brass

A brass block engraved in relief with letters or a design, and used for blocking the covers of books, by means of either a hand-operated press or an automatic blocking machine. Cf: ZINCO . (307 )

[Search all CoOL documents]

Timestamp: Saturday, 19-Nov-2011 13:18:39 PST
Retrieved: Tuesday, 25-Feb-2020 23:16:11 GMT