Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books
A Dictionary of Descriptive Terminology

 Previous item  Up One Level Next item


A piece of metal, without a handle, bearing an engraved or etched design and used in decorating the covers of a book. It is intended to be used in a press. See also: BLOCKING (1) ; BLOCKING PRESS . (82 , 234 )

[Search all CoOL documents]

Timestamp: Saturday, 19-Nov-2011 13:18:39 PST
Retrieved: Monday, 10-Dec-2018 22:32:19 GMT