Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books
A Dictionary of Descriptive Terminology

 Previous item  Up One Level Next item


A craftsman who binds book; a binder; a bibliopegist. The term is also applied to one who creates the designs for the finishing of a book, but who may or may not actually execute the design. Although usually assumed to mean a hand bookbinder, the term is frequently applied to the owner or manager of a bookbinding establishment, e.g., a library bookbinder.

[Search all CoOL documents]

Timestamp: Saturday, 19-Nov-2011 13:18:39 PST
Retrieved: Tuesday, 22-Oct-2019 20:59:58 GMT