Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books
A Dictionary of Descriptive Terminology

 Previous item  Up One Level Next item


1. An old term for a pestle with which ink was spread before being applied to a printing surface. Made of wood, it was round, flat at one end, and had a handle at the other end. 2. A printer's hand inking roller, also used in making BRAYER PRINTS .

[Search all CoOL documents]

Timestamp: Saturday, 19-Nov-2011 13:18:39 PST
Retrieved: Sunday, 21-Apr-2019 04:49:27 GMT