Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books
A Dictionary of Descriptive Terminology

 Previous item  Up One Level Next item


1. The glossiness or brilliance produced by rubbing the gilt edges or leather cover of a book with a burnishing or polishing tool. See also: BURNISHER (5) (2). 2. In papermaking, to burnish or polish the surface of a paper. See also: GLAZED (1) .

(94 )

[Search all CoOL documents]

Timestamp: Saturday, 19-Nov-2011 13:18:39 PST
Retrieved: Tuesday, 23-Jul-2019 17:29:09 GMT