Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books
A Dictionary of Descriptive Terminology

 Previous item  Up One Level Next item

burnished edges

The colored or gilt edges of a book which have been polished, usually by means of a bloodstone or agate implement called a BURNISHER (2) . See also: BURNISHER(S) (2) .

[Search all CoOL documents]

Timestamp: Saturday, 19-Nov-2011 13:18:39 PST
Retrieved: Sunday, 22-Sep-2019 06:27:08 GMT