Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books
A Dictionary of Descriptive Terminology

 Previous item  Up One Level Next item

cresting roll

A type of finishing tool, consisting of a ROLL (1) having two undulating and intersecting lines below and a series of tufts above. See also: HERALDIC CRESTING .

(250 )

[Search all CoOL documents]

Timestamp: Saturday, 19-Nov-2011 13:18:40 PST
Retrieved: Monday, 17-Dec-2018 04:29:45 GMT