Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books
A Dictionary of Descriptive Terminology

 Previous item  Up One Level Next item

dull gilt

The edges of a book that have been gilt and then burnished through thin paper, producing a solid, uniformly dull metallic surface. See also:GILT EDGES . (154 , 335 )

[Search all CoOL documents]

Timestamp: Saturday, 19-Nov-2011 13:18:40 PST
Retrieved: Wednesday, 18-Sep-2019 21:48:47 GMT