Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books
A Dictionary of Descriptive Terminology

 Previous item  Up One Level Next item

edge roll

An engraved finishing tool used to impress a design on the edges of the boards of a book, usually one covered in leather. (274 )

[Search all CoOL documents]

Timestamp: Saturday, 19-Nov-2011 13:18:40 PST
Retrieved: Friday, 19-Jul-2019 14:26:38 GMT