Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books
A Dictionary of Descriptive Terminology

 Previous item  Up One Level Next item

fill ( fill in, filling )

1. The heavy paper pasted to the insides of the boards within the edges of the turn-ins. See also: FILLING IN (1) . 2. The paper used to fill out albums bound with stubs so as to make the book of equal thickness from fore edge to spine for purposes of trimming, casing-in, etc. 3. The material used to fill a fabric. See: BOOK CLOTH ; BUCKRAM 4. See: FENCE (2) . 5. See: SPINE LINING (1) . 6. See: LOADING (2) . 7. See: WEFT . (274 ), 341)

[Search all CoOL documents]

Timestamp: Saturday, 19-Nov-2011 13:18:41 PST
Retrieved: Monday, 22-Jul-2019 13:42:19 GMT