Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books
A Dictionary of Descriptive Terminology

 Previous item  Up One Level Next item


A very thin SKIVER used extensively for title labels on cloth- and leather-bound books, and generally lettered in gold. In library binding, the "flyswing" has been replaced by labels of paper and (occasionally) cloth. (140 )

[Search all CoOL documents]

Timestamp: Saturday, 19-Nov-2011 13:18:41 PST
Retrieved: Sunday, 15-Dec-2019 13:32:55 GMT