Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books
A Dictionary of Descriptive Terminology

 Previous item  Up One Level Next item

folding needle

A needle, usually of steel imbedded in a wooden handle, and used by some bookbinders in tight places for such work as mitering covers and turning-in on slipcases. It is also used at times for scoring.

[Search all CoOL documents]

Timestamp: Saturday, 19-Nov-2011 13:18:41 PST
Retrieved: Tuesday, 18-Jun-2019 02:51:04 GMT