Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books
A Dictionary of Descriptive Terminology

 Previous item  Up One Level Next item

glair brush

An artists "ground" brush, 3/4 inch wide, and with soft bristles set in rubber and used in applying glair to the edges of a book to be gilded. (66 )

[Search all CoOL documents]

Timestamp: Saturday, 19-Nov-2011 13:18:41 PST
Retrieved: Wednesday, 13-Nov-2019 06:55:04 GMT