Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books
A Dictionary of Descriptive Terminology

 Previous item  Up One Level Next item

gold lifter

A shaped piece of wood, the flat under surface of which is covered with felt. It is used to pick up gold leaf. See also: GOLD NET FRAME . (115 )

[Search all CoOL documents]

Timestamp: Saturday, 19-Nov-2011 13:18:41 PST
Retrieved: Sunday, 15-Dec-2019 13:29:15 GMT