Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books
A Dictionary of Descriptive Terminology

 Previous item  Up One Level Next item

hide buffing

A very thin film of the grain layer of a cowhide, sometimes used for labels Also known as "beeswing."

[Search all CoOL documents]

Timestamp: Saturday, 19-Nov-2011 13:18:42 PST
Retrieved: Tuesday, 25-Jun-2019 12:13:10 GMT