Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books
A Dictionary of Descriptive Terminology

 Previous item  Up One Level Next item

lining skiver

A leather split somewhat thinner than the usual SKIVER and used for lining the inside of the limp leather covers of Bibles and other limp bindings.

[Search all CoOL documents]

Timestamp: Saturday, 19-Nov-2011 13:18:42 PST
Retrieved: Tuesday, 17-Sep-2019 16:12:42 GMT