Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books
A Dictionary of Descriptive Terminology

 Previous item  Up One Level Next item

lower cover ( lower board )

The back or under cover of a book, or the cover nearest to the last leaf of the book. Also called "back cover," "reverse cover," or "end board."

[Search all CoOL documents]

Timestamp: Saturday, 19-Nov-2011 13:18:42 PST
Retrieved: Monday, 17-Jun-2019 11:16:45 GMT