Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books
A Dictionary of Descriptive Terminology

 Previous item  Up One Level Next item

painted papers

Decorative cover papers or endpapers produced by painting designs directly onto the paper, either freestyle or in a controlled and organized plan. Paint alone, or paint mixed with black or colored inks, is generally used in the execution of these papers.

[Search all CoOL documents]

Timestamp: Saturday, 19-Nov-2011 13:18:43 PST
Retrieved: Thursday, 19-Sep-2019 23:15:57 GMT