Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books
A Dictionary of Descriptive Terminology

 Previous item  Up One Level Next item


A term sometimes applied to a binding which is "signed," usually in gilt, at the tail of the inside of the upper cover, generally by means of a stamp or pallet. The term does not include paper tickets, which are often used in lieu of a pallet. See also: LETTERING PALLET (2) ;SIGNED BINDINGS .

[Search all CoOL documents]

Timestamp: Saturday, 19-Nov-2011 13:18:43 PST
Retrieved: Friday, 24-Jan-2020 11:20:08 GMT