Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books
A Dictionary of Descriptive Terminology

 Previous item  Up One Level Next item

pencil case ( pencil box )

A colloquial expression for a fold of unadhered paper in the hinge of a book caused by the endpaper not adhering properly, by too loose a turn-in, or by a spine inlay that is too large, etc. (97 , 133 )

[Search all CoOL documents]

Timestamp: Saturday, 19-Nov-2011 13:18:43 PST
Retrieved: Wednesday, 18-Sep-2019 05:11:33 GMT