Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books
A Dictionary of Descriptive Terminology

 Previous item  Up One Level Next item

polisher ( polishing iron )

See illustration

A hand tool used to crush down or polish the leather covers of a book. Polishers are generally made of brass, and are either round on in the shape of a wedge, the former being used on the covers. the latter on the spine. See also: BURNISHER(S) (2) ; POLISHING . (130 , 152 )

[Search all CoOL documents]

Timestamp: Saturday, 19-Nov-2011 13:18:43 PST
Retrieved: Thursday, 12-Dec-2019 19:04:54 GMT