Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books
A Dictionary of Descriptive Terminology

 Previous item  Up One Level Next item

printed edges

The edges of a book that have been printed by means of rubber type. This is done at times on the fore edge as a means of indexing, and is frequently done on one or more edges of directories, and the like, for purposes of advertising. (140 )

[Search all CoOL documents]

Timestamp: Saturday, 19-Nov-2011 13:18:44 PST
Retrieved: Friday, 24-May-2019 17:08:45 GMT