Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books
A Dictionary of Descriptive Terminology

 Previous item  Up One Level Next item


Metal handles, or pieces of tape or ribbon, attached to the tail of a book or the base of a shelf, case, or file box for convenient removal. Pulls were used frequently on large blankbooks in which case they were usually riveted or laced to the center band.

[Search all CoOL documents]

Timestamp: Saturday, 19-Nov-2011 13:18:44 PST
Retrieved: Tuesday, 26-Mar-2019 02:58:00 GMT