Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books
A Dictionary of Descriptive Terminology

 Previous item  Up One Level Next item

rolled edges

1. The edges of the covers of a book which have been decorated with the roll, usually in gilt. 2. Paper which curls on the edges. (17 , 156 )

[Search all CoOL documents]

Timestamp: Saturday, 19-Nov-2011 13:18:44 PST
Retrieved: Tuesday, 19-Nov-2019 02:15:22 GMT