Bookbinding and the Conservation of Books
A Dictionary of Descriptive Terminology

 Previous item  Up One Level Next item

Thames board

A binder's board made in England and used to a considerable extent in edition binding. It is a soft gray board and is sometimes lined with kraft paper to impart stiffness, provide equal surface tension, and a firm, smooth surface. (156 , 237 )

[Search all CoOL documents]

Timestamp: Saturday, 19-Nov-2011 13:18:45 PST
Retrieved: Thursday, 12-Dec-2019 19:21:33 GMT