THE CONSERVATION OF GEORGE WASHINGTON'S REVOLUTIONARY WAR CAMPAIGN MARQUEES
Fonda Ghiardi Thomsen, & Louise Cooley
In July 1974, the National Park Service, Division of Museum Services, received two pieces of tenting, believed to be part of George Washington's Revolutionary War Campaign Equipment. The tenting had been on exhibit since 1955 at the Colonial National Historic Park, Yorktown Visitors' Center. The tenting was examined and recorded for further research and identification. Conservation treatment was performed. The fabric was prepared for exhibit, then reinstalled in the new Yorktown Visitors' Center, July 1976.