STORAGE SUPPORTS FOR A BASKET COLLECTION: A PREVENTIVE CONSERVATION APPROACH
- 4-ply acid-free ragboard for padded support collars
- 3-ply acid-free, buffered corrugated cardboard, single wall (approximately ⅛″ thick), for construction of boxes and support stands
- PVA emulsion CM Bond M-2, for gluing boxes
- 3M hot melt adhesive (glue sticks #3764 - made of ethylene vinyl acetate resin, paraffinic hydrocarbon wax and hydrocarbon resin blended with polyethylene), for gluing polyethylene to itself and to cardboard
- Ethafoam (expanded polyethylene foam) white, 1″ and 2″ thick in 4′×8′ sheets, for making supports
- 100% cotton knit fabric, for sewing several of the support forms and for covering padded supports
- Polyester fiber fill in 1″ thick sheets, and in loose form, for stuffing supports.