Workshop, The State Hermitage Museum, April 21 – 24
Instructor: Jens Gold, Preus Museum
- Monday: My plane from Oslo arrives at the airport 1215. Airport transfer would be nice. Otherwise I take a Taxi.
- Tuesday: Look at the damaged ambrotypes at the storage in Menshikov palace 10:00 – 12:00, after that we can drive to Staraya Derevnya archive and conservation center for workshop preparations.
- Wednesday: Workshop making of Daguerreotype/ Ambrotype cover glasses (short power point lecture, different tools and materials and their properties, preparations of materials, short glass cutting lesson, practical work for everyone)
- Thursday: Workshop making of Daguerreotype/ Ambrotype cover glasses (making of different varnishes, use of the prepared materials and varnishes with the masking system, practical work for everyone).
- Friday: Workshop making of Daguerreotype/ Ambrotype cover glasses / Alternatives for broken cover glasses (use of glass conservation tools and materials to restore broken cover glasses. Possible use of these techniques for restoration of damaged Ambrotypes and glass plate negatives.