2005 WAAC Annual Meeting
- Nice, new motel about a 10 minute walk to the museum
- Best Western Sunset Motor Inn
- Being remodeled, about a 2 minute walk to the museum
307-587-4265 or 1800-WESTERN
- The Irma
- The historic hotel in town has about 5 unique rooms and the rest are
cinderblock. It is about a 5 minute walk from the museum.
- Super 8
- Fairly new building up by the airport is about a 5 minute drive
from the museum
- Holiday Inn
- May have remodeled rooms, a good 15 minute walk through town to
- Days Inn
- Fairly new Southwest theme in Wyoming? oh well
There are many more motels in Cody and probably cheaper than the
ones listed above. Just go to the www.codywyomingnet.com.
- Ponderosa Campground
- You need it they got it! full hookups, pull thrus, tent sites,
and even Tipis to stay in! Only a 3 minute walk to the museum
- Cody KOA
- Up by the airport, a 5 minute drive to the museum
- Dining in Cody:
- There is a variety of dining experiences awaiting you in Cody.
- The Irma
- It is worth seeing the historic bar and some of the historic
locals at breakfast in the dining room of the hotel. Some of the
less historic locals drink at the new bar after work.
- One block from the front door of the museum. Good food, very
consistent and lots of variety.
- Bubba's BBQ
- Right outside of the AmericInn. Big tasty BBQ- no frills, lots
- Line Dancing and Drinking:
- And unfortunately, smoking too, at Cassie's out on the
West Strip going towards Yellowstone.
- Silver Dollar Bar
- Downtown, no line dancing, don't even think about it! but drinks
and pool tables.
- Little drive through coffee huts at both ends of town. The
coffee hangout in town is BETA on 12th street.
- Dude Ranches outside of Cody:
- (These are too far to commute in for the meeting but make a
great pre-conference experience)
7D Ranch in Sunlight
Rocking D River Ranch in Wapiti
There are many, many more dude ranches in the area.
- Lodging in Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons:
- Book early for these sites. Everything from basic cabins, camp
sites, and regal lodges are available. Old Faithful Inn is not to
be missed even if you just stop in for an ice cream cone.
If you can't book early, we have had pretty good luck just
checking in with the front desk for cancellations.
all CoOL documents]
Timestamp: Tuesday, 25-Aug-2009 12:48:17 PDT
Retrieved: Wednesday, 22-Nov-2017 16:37:17 GMT