[Table of Contents]

Re: [ARSCLIST] powdery substance on 2" tape

Bob:

The cushion-flange glue problem only happened on 3M (Scotch) 1" and 2"
video.  Most cushioned reels are fine but, at one point, 3M subcontracted
out the cushion attachment part of the reel manufacture and the
subcontractor used the wrong glue.  Lucky for those on this list, the
problem never showed up on audio tape.

It is possible to remove the glue (we are processing about 1/2 a dozen
in-house right now) but it is a time-consuming and expensive process.

Peter Brothers
President
SPECS BROS., LLC
(201) 440-6589
www.specsbros.com

Restoration and Disaster Recovery Service Since 1983