[Table of Contents]

Re: [ARSCLIST] Storing digital media

I am far from a hands-on experienced digital preservationist, but I have been following this subject with interest. I was recently forwarded this link to an article that deals with an area if the topic outside of the issue of the best means to assure preservation, that is, what are the real costs of major digital projects and their long-term maintenance.

As I said, I am not particularly qualified to comment on these issues myself, but I thought the article worth reading and giving serious consideration.

http://www.tape-online.net/docs/Palm_Black_Hole.pdf

Hope it is of interest to some of you,

Peter Hirsch