To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, September 25, 2006 10:55 AM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Request for info: Columbia Studio/Warehouse Fire

Thank you for follow-ups, folks.

So, I am now given to understand that there was no "big Columbia fire" in
the late 70s or early 80s that would be responsible for some 70s material
now being unavailable for re-release? My prior info. came from people who
knew people who should have been in a position to know about this but who
are now deceased.

Some of the material I am thinking about includes some E. Power Biggs +
Columbia Brass Ensemble recordings, premiere recordings of Hovhaness
works, Moog synthesizer discs, etc. etc. Some of the stuff which was
stored privately seems to be available, but there's a big hole right in
the historical region I am examining. There must be some other reason (if
not a warehouse fire/flood) that is keeping this content off the streets.
I know that there is still a market for Hovhaness, for example...

Anyway, any further information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, again.

Chas.

--
Charles Lawson <clawson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Professional Audio for CD, DVD, Broadcast & Internet