To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, October 09, 2006 7:21 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Tape baking question

Tom (and all),

Apologies if my response seemed harsh, i certainly wasn't directing  anything
at you personally..

I do however think it's important for us to keep in mind the fact  that a good
percentage of the readers on this list are not engineers but rather  representatives of collecting
bodies (institutional or otherwise) trying to get a grip on how to  manage their holdings.

With that in mind, and given our well-intentioned propensity to look  at problems
from as many angles as possible, i fear that sometimes we have the  tendency to dive
head-first into worst-case scenarios rather than looking at David's  original post as a more
general problem.

To be sure, I haven't disagreed with anything you've offered to this  discussion.
It is important to me, though, that we make this forum as helpful as  possible to those without
the resources to, say, establish tape playback capabilities within a  cold storage environment.

And that's all i'm going to say on that matter.
Four posts in 24hrs is way over my limit. (hint hint..)

cheers,
Brandon Burke