[Table of Contents]

[ARSCLIST] advise: Sony portable DAT recorder

I have here a Sony portable DAT machine that's dead as a doorstop. It won't turn on or operate. Batteries seem to hold charge. Should I use it for a doorstop or is it worth fixing? If so, does anyone have a good tech to recommend? Sony won't service these things. I don't want to spend an arm or a leg on this but I'd invest a few dozen dollars to get it working right.

-- Tom Fine