[Table of Contents]

Re: [ARSCLIST] information requested about antique portabe phono

It may also be worth contacting the memberlist at Russian-records.com:

http://www.russian-records.com/

For those who have not seen the site, I highly recommend it for quality scans of hard to get 78rpm disc labels.

Best Wishes

Mike

Michael Biel wrote:
Joel Ackerman wrote:
My wife has inherited what seems to be an antique Russian portable phonograph. The label inside reads Moskovskii Patephonii Zavod ( Moscow Phonograph Factory). Can anyone identify it? Don't seem to be able tom post photos here but will happily send some to anyone who can help.
Approximate date? 1930s? Value?

In the 1990s these were selling in Russia for $25 to $75 and were all over the place, but I always already had too much luggage to think of adding the hassle of taking one of these home. Then the USA mail order Russian souvenir company was selling these for $125 and I should have bought one. There are a number of different factories which made these things as late as the late 50s, so they are not necessarily very old. Remember, the Soviets continued to press 78s into around 1964. In my other computer I have links to the Russian version of Ebay which has these machines on it all the time, and might be able to find a match. Send me a photo off-list.

Mike Biel mbiel@xxxxxxxxx

-- Mike Hirst Managing Director DAS-360° 16 Ocean View Whitley Bay Tyne & Wear NE26 1AL

tel: 0191 289 3186
email: mike.hirst@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
web: http://www.das360.net